PWM Digital Drive
Aerotech, Inc.Updated 03/12/2019
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- 10 A peak output current
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, or stepper motors
- Safe torque off (STO) safety circuit
- Drive array consisting of 4 million 32-bit elements
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Optional I/O expansion board
- Optional 16K encoder multiplier for amplified sine wave encoders up to 450 kHz
- High-resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The XC2 PWM digital drive is a small form-factor, high-performance single-axis motor drive designed for motion control applications. All versions are compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus.
The XC2 can control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, or stepper motor types at up to 100 VDC operating voltage and 10 A peak current capability. The current loop and servo-loop are closed digitally to assure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz and allows digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
Standard features for the XC2 include safe torque off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders. The standard XC2 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts per second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384, producing high-resolution position feedback, with the optional encoder multiplier feature.
Each single-axis XC2 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board, greatly increasing the number I/O points. This I/O board also includes a dedicated PSO output.
REQUEST A QUOTE