High-Performance Galvo Scanner Control
Model: Nmark GCL
Aerotech, Inc.Updated 01/24/2019
- Closed-loop, two-axis servo drive for Aerotech's AGV series scanners
- Infinite Field of View (IFOV) seamlessly combines scanner and servo motion to expand the scanner working area
- Full servo state control with "zero-tracking error" eliminates speed-related part distortion such as necking on circles and rounding of corners
- Position-based laser firing (PSO) with windowing maintains consistent spot spacing over a wide range of operating speeds
- External clock input for synchronization with mode-locked lasers
The Nmark® GCL controls Aerotech’s AGV series scanners resulting in industry-leading settling times, long-term thermal stability, and micron-level tracking accuracy due to advanced features such as full state feed-forward, 200 kHz servo rates, and look-ahead-based velocity control. The Nmark GCL uses advanced interpolation electronics to provide up to 26-bits of effective resolution. Onboard real-time 2D calibration ensures accurate beam placement over the entire field of view.
Position Synchronized Output
The ability to accurately place a laser spot as a function of X/Y axis position is a key feature of Aerotech’s linear positioning stages for laser processing applications, and with the release of the Nmark GCL, this functionality is now available for scanner applications. The ability to accurately trigger the laser as a function of position removes the need to program mark, jump, and polygon delays, resulting in reduced programming complexity. Scanner-based processes can now be programmed in the same fashion as traditional X/Y stage-based applications by using the Position Synchronized Output functionality.
REQUEST A QUOTE