American Control ElectronicsUpdated 09/26/2019
Current Monitoring Cards
The CMC series is a stand-alone accessory card that can provide a current limit alarm. Compatible with any DC motor controller, the card is wired in series with a DC motor. Using a jumper to set a base current limit trip point, an on-board OFFSET trim pot can be used to finely adjust the trip point. A TIME DELAY trim pot can be used to determine how long the motor’s amperage draw must be above the trip point before determining it’s truly a fault scenario. This prevents false alarms from startup draws and momentary surges. When the card determines it’s a trip, it will toggle a N.O. output closed and another N.C. output open. These contacts are to be used as switches to turn on or off other circuits, such as LEDs, relays, or speakers. The card can be set to stay tripped or can be set to automatically reset (un-trip) once current falls below an adjustable HYSTERESIS setting. This feature rich current sensing module is a valuable tool in new and existing systems where an added level of monitoring and protection is required.
- Versatile: Can be used with any DC motor control.
- Set Points: 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4 amps
- Diagnostic LEDs: Over Current / Power, Trip
- OFFSET Range: 50% - 150% of set point
- HYSTERESIS Range: 50% - 98% of set point
- TIME DELAY Range: 0.2 to 15 seconds
- Maximum Relay Voltage: 125 VAC, 110 VDC
- Maximum Relay Current: 0.5 amps @ 120 VAC, 1.0 amp @ 30 VDC
- Time Delay
REQUEST A QUOTE