ELEPHANT - Harsh Environment Power Supply for Servo Applications
Elmo Motion Control, Inc.Updated 01/11/2018
Harsh Environment Power Supply for Servo applications
-40°C to+70°C, Vibrations up to 14GRMS
The ELEPHANT is Designed, qualified, verified, manufactured and tested to withstand Extreme Environments.
The Elephant power supply is a compact Book Shelf (Panel Mount) structure (enabling simple and fast mounting), direct-to-mains power supply, designed to power multiple servo drives up to 528 VAC, and complement Elmo servo drives that do not include an integrated power supply. It has the following features:
- Rectifies AC input voltages of up to 3×600 VAC (single phase operation is available for 36 VAC, 60 VAC, 120 VAC, and 230 VAC models), into filtered DC voltage with an output current of 30 A continuous and a 60 A peak.
- Operates directly from the mains when feeding isolated servo drives or via an isolation transformer when non- isolated servo drives are employed.
- Regenerating & braking capability that enables fast servo and braking operation.
- Built-in active zero crossing inrush current limiters that limit the power-on currents to low levels, reducing turn-on stress from the mains.
- Internal EMC filtering that eliminates the necessity for external devices, therefore complies with CE and other EMC regulations.
- 30 A continuous output current (60A peak)
- AC input DC to 500 Hz
- Three-phase operation
- Single-phase operation with "1P" suffix ( available for 36 VAC, 60 VAC, 120 VAC, and 230 VAC models)
- Active Inrush current limiter
- Direct-to-mains operation
- High regenerative (braking) capability
- Active zero crossing inrush current limit
- EMC filtering “inside”
- UL, CE, compliant
- Duty Cycle Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
REQUEST A QUOTE