Regional Sales Engineer/Manager
Posted on 02/13/2020
Responsible for expanding existing customer base and the development of long-term business relationships of new OEM Direct, End User, and Distributor Accounts. Ability to meet and exceed sales targets. Requires creativity and the capacity to sell the products and services offered by WITTENSTEIN cyber motor. Requires the ability to negotiate large scale projects and contracts within corporate guidelines. Requires the ability to network within organizations and provide accurate forecasting of key accounts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
SALES DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed established sales targets working to achieve maximum sales in assigned territory through direct and affiliate (A, B, C distributor) channels.
- Increase market share by calling on OEM accounts to promote and sell cyber motor products, communicate special programs, conduct educational seminars, handle and resolve problems and complaints. Collect competitive information and industry requirements.
- Increase market share by calling on the distribution channel to promote and sell motion control products, communicate special programs, present marketing / advertising programs and new products, handle and process warranties, prepare and conduct training and educational seminars, collect competitive information, handle and resolve problems and complaints and assist in the collection of overdue receivables. Advise channel on market conditions and end user accounts.
- Sell all of the products offered by WITTENSTEIN cyber motor, concentrating on value added selling.
- Support territory users - coordinate support activities.
- Sell at approved transaction price for the type of customer.
- Target A, B and C accounts by present and potential dollars of revenue / profits, cost to sell and service and probability of success.
- Negotiate delivery, availability and warranty within management guidelines; conduct follow up on orders.
- Conduct customer education and product information meetings.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles customer general company information, contacts, project/ application information, and meeting notes) and enters them into WITTENSTEIN’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Provide accurate forecasting of key accounts over 1-5 year time frame.
- Prepare written presentation, reports and price quotations.
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts receivables in compliance with objectives.
- Create customer sales programs.
- Complete timely expense reports
- Continually enhance product knowledge and selling skills by participating in company sponsored and external professional and technical training programs.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and markets for motion control products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product training seminars and trade shows.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success in developing a territory / achieving sales goals; experience working with manufacturer’s representatives, distributors, and direct OEMs for 5 years plus.
- Has a strong technical background in the motion control industry with an emphasis on brushless servo motors and servo drives.
- Solid understanding of servo system sizing (mechanical and electrical components)
- Ability to guide a customer to the best solution
- Ability to develop custom solutions when standard product may not fit
- Ability to travel 75%
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with customer relationship software, especially Microsoft CRM.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities utilizing latest technology (smart phone) – preferably paperless approach to organization.
- Can work both independently and as part of a team by sharing information and supporting company procedures and processes.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical or Electrical or bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Physics combined with relative automation experience.
- 5+ years experience in industrial automation / servo automation demonstrated by a solid technical foundation and understanding of servo automation.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION