Posted on 10/31/2019
Outside Sales / Professional Account Manager. Our ideal candidate is a motivated sales professional looking for an opportunity with an unlimited earning potential providing products and value-added solutions to our customers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Manages an assigned sales territory in Upstate NY (based out of Rochester, NY) and serves as the primary contact for assigned customers. Improves the profitability of a territory through growth in market share and gross margin, achieves productivity improvements and utilizes the technical expertise and resources of internal team and our supplier partners.
- Manages an assigned sales territory. Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes company initiatives, and services by making regular sales calls.
- Establishes themselves as a solution oriented consultant assisting assigned customers with problem resolution, applications, design improvements, and product recommendations.
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information on competitive products, customers’ machinery, processes and business objectives. Updates customers on new products and technologies as appropriate.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, technical sales resources and suppliers.
- Maintains productive relationships with customer service associates through positive team work. Leads by example. Communicates information on new products and processes. Proactively engages customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Regularly updates and maintains customer contact information and opportunities in CRM. Keeps local managers informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities.
- Improves territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Attends product and ongoing professional training on an on-going basis.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Excellent networking, prospecting and closing skills.
- A consultative sales approach that identifies customer needs, with the ability to engage available resources necessary to secure the business.
- An active member and participant in business/industry organizations and networking events.
- Proven track record of high sales performance, including meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Comfortable communicating with every level of an organization from top level executives to factory floor and field personnel.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Up to 60% travel to visit current and prospect clients
- Valid driver’s license is required
Minimum Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field preferred
- At least 3-5 years inside/outside PREFFERED sales experience with a manufacturer or distributor, however we are willing to MENTOR an early career professional with interest in the distribution and automation industry with a strong business acumen.
- Experience with Controls and Automation products, contactors, enclosures, pushbuttons, PLC’s, HMI etc.
- Working knowledge of automated manufacturing, machine builders, systems integrators or panel shops.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION