Posted on 08/02/2019
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The Advanced Motion Solutions division of AMETEK is a leader in advanced motors and motion control devices, offering a full range of brushless motors and motor-blowers, hybrid stepper and brushless direct-current servo motors, precision and customized linear and rotary motion solutions, linear actuators and lead screw assemblies for a broad range of industrial and engineered motion control applications. It serves a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automation, military, mass transit, medical and office equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the work of a team of engineering personnel responsible for prototype creation, custom product design, new product development and manufacturing support. Coordinates the activities of the group, recommends and implements standards and specifications relevant to product, provides technical support to sales and marketing in the evaluation of the programs or products, and serves as the overall leader of the team.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- The successful candidate must have 10+ years’ experience in the design and manufacture of fractional horsepower brush and/or brushless permanent magnet brushless DC motors and 5+ years of engineering management.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment, DFSS, Six Sigma training, and ISO standards.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience Quality Management System (QMS) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Drives deadlines in dynamic and fast-moving environments.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills at all organizational levels.
- Self-directed, has initiative, drive for results and is a great multi-tasker.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION