Senior Application Engineer
Posted on 05/16/2019
Edina, MN USA
Come lead with us!
ACS Motion Control is a supplier of high-end motion control systems designed to meet the needs of high-tech equipment manufacturers. Our growing team is looking for a Senior Application Engineer who wants to make a significant impact in their company and industry. We are proud to offer a professional, friendly, and fun working atmosphere. We invite you to apply to join our team, which values trust, excellence, and customer focus.
Your compensation & benefits will include:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including group medical insurance plan, group dental insurance plan, group short- and long-term disability insurance, group life / AD&D insurance, 401k with company matched contribution, profit sharing bonus, PTO.
- A laptop and smartphone (or personal smartphone usage reimbursement) are provided
- Mileage reimbursement
About ACS Motion Control
ACS Motion Control is a world class provider of high-end multi-axis motion control systems. Our solutions are uniquely designed to meet the needs of equipment manufacturers with the highest throughput and highest precision requirements, such as semiconductor wafer inspection and metrology equipment, flat panel display manufacturing equipment, electronic assembly equipment, and more. Founded in 1985, ACS Motion Control's core competencies include servo algorithm development, real-time operating system development, advanced electronics design (FPGA, DSP, power electronics), Windows based user interface software design, and support and development services for demanding motion control applications.
ACS is a privately-owned international company with headquarters in Israel, and additional application support and sales offices in the USA, Germany, China, and South Korea.
As of January 2017, majority ownership of ACS Motion Control is held by Physik Instrumente GmbH, headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany.
ACS Customer Promise
We are always ready to rise to the challenge to deliver smart, best-performing motion control solutions for the most demanding applications, developed and supported in partnership with you and in-line with your needs.
ACS Core Values
- Customer Focus
Major Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Develop and apply leadership skills and abilities
- Leverage expertise in advanced motion control theory and its real-world applications
- Work closely with high-tech equipment manufacturers in the fields of Semiconductors, Mobile Devices and Flat Panel Displays, Life Sciences, Photonics, and more, as a primary point of contact for remote and onsite application support and development
- Work closely with ACS sales engineers and partners to select and demonstrate ACS products and features to potential customers
- Travel > 50% to customer sites within the Eastern USA territory and annually to the ACS global HQ in Israel (upon completion of training period)
- Apply detailed knowledge of ACS products and features
- Define requirements and test performance of new ACS products and features
- Provide technical training and presentations to customers and partners
- Develop white papers, application notes, videos and other technical materials
Minimum Skills & Abilities
We are looking for someone with:
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, VB/VB.NET, Motion Control Scripting Languages, IEC61131-3
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with people and technology equally. Must be able to work in front of a customer and confidently represent him/herself and the company to others
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- The willingness to consider relocation to the greater Boston area after completion of the training period
- Proof of US Citizenship or Green Card
- The desire to work closely within a small team
Minimum Education & Experience
- 3+ years’ Application Engineering experience in a motion control focused company, with extensive knowledge of high precision motion control systems and a desire to work in a customer facing engineering role
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering. Emphasis on electric motors and drives, feedback control systems, or signal processing preferred
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION