Regional Sales Manager
Posted on 10/29/2018
St.Charles, Illinois USA
Do people describe you as a Go-getter? Do you find challenges exciting? At Bison, our team makes it possible for our customers’ products to GO! If you're looking for a new role with an organization that will allow you to run with your innovative ideas in a collaborative team culture, don't delay, GO apply today!
Bison Gear and Engineering began in 1960 by designing problem-solving gearboxes and gear motors for their customers. Today, the company has grown into an industry leader for fractional horsepower electric motor, integral gear motor and gear reducer products by implementing innovative lean manufacturing processes, world class engineering and customer support teams driven by their Robusticity® design philosophy; allowing Bison to consistently expand its product line with new motion control and power transmission solutions.
At Bison, we make your products go.®
Why join our team?
We believe that personal, professional and company growth all go hand in hand. So we develop, challenge and incentivize our people to deliver the very best for our loyal customers. We’re a team made up of problem solvers, risk-takers, thinkers and doers.
At Bison we give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential. Bison is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that we offer.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Match
- Business Casual Work Environment
- On-site Fitness Center
- Outstanding Tuition Reimbursement Plan
To apply, please submit your resume and application online at www.bisongear.com.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: VP Marketing & Sales
Manage sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and/ or manufacturer’s representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work together with Marketing Managers to develop and execute a sales plan leading to sales growth – including base business and new customers – in assigned territory or region. Manage sales campaigns to grow business to realize full market potential in assigned territory. Provide detailed sales forecasts as required to meet company planning requirements.
- Develop market analysis of assigned territory. Reviewing competitive issues, alternative rep agencies, and new products opportunities.
- Promote and secure new major and important accounts.
- Provide sales management expertise to manufacturing representatives, key accounts as assigned, and distribution partners in the region. Offer technical and training support to sales personnel and distribution partners. Coordinate and assist in providing technical engineering staff services required to determine customer needs.
- Manage Manufacturer’s Representatives in assigned territory or region to ensure that Bison is getting full use of their time and resources. Review Manufacture’s Representatives annually. Recommend actions necessary to insure complete and loyal support from rep firms.
- Provide sales assistance to OEM and Distribution customer base utilizing a rep base.
- Administer pricing plans as provided by the Company.
- Follow and report on all quote and prototype activity in the territory while adhering to standard terms of sale and company policy.
- Provide timely reports as required of individual account activity and personal efforts.
- Meet in home office as assigned. Schedule can coincide with quarterly manager’s meeting.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Travel Requirements: Must be able to travel up 50% of time
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, governmental regulations or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports. Business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, assemble data, establish facts in order to draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from a four year college or university
- Three years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combinations of education and experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION