Motion Control Resources
Fast and Easy Setup for Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley PLC
JVL Industri Elektronik A/S Posted 12/14/2018
Birkerød, Denmark - After the successful introduction of the complete range of ServoStep integrated motors JVL is now releasing Add-On-Instructions for fast and easy setup and programming in Rockwell Automation’s Studio 5000 software.
- Motor, Absolute multiturn encoder, Drive, Controller, PLC and Ethernet Switch as well as TÜV-approved STO option.
- The integrated design with the controller in the motor minimizes the size of the control cabinet. With less components in the cabinet, the cooling requirements will be lower, reducing both system cost and running costs.
- JVL´s ServoStep motors offer state-of-the-art performance that in some applications can rival servo motors at a lower cost. The high torque at low speeds make compact solutions without gear possible.
- The ServoStep family offers up to double power in same size compared to similar motors, due to higher current/voltage and advanced regulation.
- JVL’s closed-loop ServoStep technology eliminates loss of steps and never stalls. The technology causes a paradigm shift that changes your perception of what you can do with a stepper motor. Ultra-high torque enables direct drive without gearing.
- The motor series also has current control, which lowers power consumption and allows 100% duty cycle without overheating. The ultra-high step resolution of 409,600 step/rev decreases acoustic noise and results in a smooth running motor.
- The wide speed range from 0 to 3000 rpm can be adjusted in increments of 0.01 rpm.
- Due to automatic tuning, programming is fast and easy.
The motors have 8 programmable inputs/outputs: each can be set up as digital input, digital output or analog input. Motors are equipped with EtherNet/IP interface and as option you can choose STO (Safe Torque Off) versions.
The motors are perfect for multi-axis applications and format adjustments where high positioning speed is required. Due to ultra-high torque, no gear is needed.
For end-of-line packaging and food and beverage applications enclosure class IP65 can be delivered.
To fulfil the demands for diagnostics and easy maintenance in factories of the future the motors are designed for IIoT and are Industry 4.0 ready.
The motors include a 2-port Ethernet switch to reduce wiring in daisy-chain configuration (DLR). Several LEDs enable technicians and operators to get a quick status overview.
To save time, Add-On-Instructions are available for Studio 5000. It makes commissioning fast and easy and the motors can be set up in 5 minutes or less.
The motors have the ability to be upgraded with other protocols or newer versions of the same protocol at any time. Because of the upgradeability, the JVL industrial Ethernet interface is also ‘future proof' as newer versions of the protocols will always fit into the design. The user can switch between Profinet, EtherCAT, Powerlink, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and SERCOS.
JVL is a world leader within the development and production of efficient and compact integrated servo motors and integrated stepper motors. MAC motor® is a series of integrated brushless servo motors (up to 4500 W and 13.5 kW peak) and ServoStep is a series of integrated stepper motors (up to 25 Nm). Both the servo motor and stepper motor series include motor, controller, Nano-PLC, encoder and bus system integrated into one compact unit. All industrial Ethernet protocols like Profinet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, Sercos III, ModbusTCP and Powerlink are available.
JVL has more than 25 years of motion control experience and is well known for its development and production of highly specialized integrated motors with industrial Ethernet and customized improvements. The close co-operation with customers and representatives results in cost-effective and technical optimized solutions for both basic and advanced motion control applications.
JVL's wide selection of quality products for motion control applications include: Integrated brushless Servo motors, Integrated Stepper motors, AC Servo motor controllers, Motor drivers (DC, AC and Steppers), Brakes, Gearboxes and HMI touch panels.