Motion Control Resources
Midwest - 36V DC Planetary Gearmotor
Midwest Motion Products Posted 11/18/2011
Compact & Lightweight yet Powerful Unit provides benefits for Medical Devices, Robotics & Automation Applications
“IP-54” Sealed, High Power, 36 Vdc Gearmotor Develops 155 Lb. In. Torque at 188 RPM
Midwest Motion Products of Watertown, Minnesota, is pleased to announce the release of a new DC Gear- Motor, Model # : MMP-D33-655D-36V GP81-019 - Accepting any 36 Volt DC source, including battery power, this robust Gear Motor measures just 3.2” (max) Diameter, by 11.3” long and has a keyed output shaft of 19mm diameter by 40mm long. Easy mounting is accomplished with 4 “face mount” M6 threaded holes, equally spaced on a 65mm Dia. B.C.
The output of this fully reversible gearmotor is rated for 155 IN LBS continuous torque, at 188 RPM, and 1062 IN LBS Peak. Despite its compact size, and weight of approximately 14 pounds, it’s an efficient design, requiring just 14 Amps at 36 Volts DC to generate its Full Load Torque. That translates into long life battery charge, very LOW NOISE operation, and lower cost drive electronics. Motor windings for 12v, 24v, 28v, 42v, 48v, 60v & 90 Volts are available.
- This versatile design can accommodate a Failsafe Brake, plus optical encoder.
- “Power On” brake designs also available.
- This unique design is rated at an “IP 54” protection level for operation in harsh environments.
- Variable Speed can be accomplished with our fully compatible Speed Controls.
Samples are available FROM STOCK for rapid prototyping needs.
Typical options available from the company include:
- Servo Motors with integral Optical Encoders
- Failsafe Brakes, Power-On Brakes, Analog Tachometers
- Planetary Gearheads, with standard ratios ranging from 3:1 to 2653:1, and standard or low backlash precision gearing available.
- Motor Winding Options include 12V, 24V, 28V, 36V, 48V, 60V and 90 Volts DC.
The company offers a variety of standard ancillary equipment including DC power supplies, DC Servomotors, PWM Servo Amplifiers, Motor Speed Controls, Linear Actuators and a wide variety of DC gear-motors.
Custom Motor Shaft and mounting configurations are also available.
Typical applications include Wheel Chair Lifts & Wheel Chair Ramps, Medical Patient Lifts, , Solar Tracking, Battery Operated Motors & E.V. drives, Medical, Mobility / Accessibility products, Robotics & Automation including (Military) Unmanned Guided Vehicles, Semiconductor Processing Equipment, Actuators, Packaging & Labeling Machines, Woodworking & Metalworking Machines, Dynamic Displays for Tradeshows and many other applications requiring precise, powerful motion control.