Motion Control Resources
Product Release Notice: KINGSTAR 3.0
IntervalZero Posted 11/16/2016
KINGSTAR products are designed for industrial machines requiring motion control and positioning systems. KINGSTAR’s all-software approach sets it apart from other machine control solutions.
Using the EtherCAT standard; the power of Industrial PCs; and the Windows operating system, enhanced by IntervalZero’s RTX64 hard real-time software that transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS), you can create software-only, PC-based machine controllers that lower the costs of industrial machines while delivering excellent precision and performance.
There are two product lines: KINGSTAR Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT.
KINGSTAR Soft Motion is a complete software solution that creates PC-based machine controllers with premium precision and performance.
KINGSTAR EtherCAT provides support for CANopen over EtherCAT and simplified configuration of EtherCAT networks.
New Features and Resolved Issues
KINGSTAR Soft Motion
- Adds an Abort command to allow motion commands to be canceled (169).
- Adds a Position Error Parameter to the MC_ReadParameter parameter list so developers can read the actual position lag (168).
- Adds support for Slave Homing which calls the homing functions included with the drives (158).
- Resolves an issue regarding MoveRelative and MoveAbsolute using axis maximum velocity instead of the provided velocity (165).
- Resolves an issue regarding Write Bool Parameter command not correctly converting provided values (166).
- Resolves an issues regarding velocity, when an encoder feedback is not connected to a Beckhoff stepper drive the actual velocity variable in the PDO is not used and shows up as 0. To resolve this the velocity is now calculated based on the actual position feedback when necessary (179).
- Resolves an issue regarding Latch home logic not working properly when real units are used (156).
- Resolves an issue where the Motion command would sometimes not detect a move is complete, causing it to never finish (173).
- Resolves an issue where the maximum velocity for interpolation was incorrect (176).
- Resolves an issue regarding a Power command returning an error when a Reset command is in progress. The Power command turns the Reset into a Reset and Start command so there is no error (174).
- The Delta/Syntek ESC-5621 limit status is now used by the limit logic of KINGSTAR Soft Motion (157).
- Resolves an issue where the WPF sample was not correctly displaying the SDO Read and Write bytes (178).
- Resolves and issue where the WPF sample was using the wrong SDO object index range of 0x~0x6FFF instead of 0x~0xFFFF (1777).
- Resolves and issue where the WPF sample was not refreshing the drive slave state (175).
- Resolves and issue where the .NET sample does not properly display motor settings (89).
- KINGSTAR is now using the RTX64 3.0 release for its Real-Time Operating System needs (61).
- Supports Windows 10 and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
- Scans the EtherCAT bus and provides back a list of slave devices found, without the need to start the master (56).
- Provides feedback on if a requested drive value and cycle time are accepted by the device by returning the actual settings (62).
KINGSTAR 3.0 Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT are available beginning November 21, 2016 through Partners and by contacting Sales.