Motion Control Resources
Product Release Notice: KINGSTAR 2.5
IntervalZero Posted 03/16/2016
KINGSTAR products are designed for industrial machines requiring motion control and machine vision positioning systems. KINGSTAR’s all-software approach sets it apart from other machine control solutions.
Using the EtherCAT standard, the power of Industrial PCs, and the Windows operating system, enhanced by IntervalZero’s RTX64 hard real-time software that transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS), you can build industrial machine controllers better, faster and cheaper. KINGSTAR comes with pre-tested and pre-existing motion control and machine vision algorithms that mimic a hardware motion card with software, at half the price while delivering precision performance.
There are two product lines: KINGSTAR Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT.
KINGSTAR Soft Motion is a complete software solution that comes with pre-tested and pre-existing motion algorithms to create PC-based motion control for industrial machines with premium precision and performance.
KINGSTAR EtherCAT provides support for CANopen over EtherCAT and exposes the real-time interface that allows engineers to integrate their own highly customizable motion control algorithms or software with a simplified configuration of EtherCAT networks.
New Features and Resolved Issues
KINGSTAR Soft Motion
- Graphical Tuning Console is now available to tune motors.
- Detailed sample that shows how to use KINGSTAR Soft Motion to control motors and IOs from a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) GUI framework Application.
- The KINGSTAR Soft Motion SDK and Runtime have been broken apart into separate installers to simplify the user experience.
- Documentation has been expanded to provide more detailed explanations of API calls.
- Resolves an issue regarding not all functions being able to be called from a C++ application. (326)
- Resolves an issue regarding the SetServoPosition method not resetting the encoder if it was enabled. (314)
- Resolves an issue regarding the PID when using PidVelocity and PidTorque control modes. (315)
- Improves the behavior of when KI begins so it does not wait for Reduced Gains Time to expire before it takes effect. (316)
- The KINGSTAR EtherCAT SDK and Runtime have been broken apart into separate installers to simplify the user experience.
KINGSTAR 2.5 Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT are available beginning March 16, 2016 through Partners and by contacting Sales.
We look forward to comments and feedback. If you have any recommendations or wish to suggest any product enhancements, please contact Product Management.