Motion Control Resources
OMRON - 3G3MX2 AC Drives
OMRON Automation - Americas Posted 11/18/2011
Omron 3G3MX2 AC Drives Offer EtherNet/IP Interface
Omron Industrial Automation (www.Omron247.com) expanded the industrial communication options for compact Omron 3G3MX2 AC Drives to simplify integration into production lines and work cells. The front panel mounting 3G3AX-MX2-EIP-A EtherNet/IP communication interface unit imparts network slave capabilities to the AC Drives. The EtherNet/IP interface makes it easy for machine builder OEMs to standardize on 3G3MX2 AC Drives for equipment designed for use in North America.
The 3G3MX2 is a compact yet powerful AC Drive designed with the Original Equipment Manufacturer in mind. In addition to a space-saving footprint, 3G3MX2 is equipped with Safe Torque Off (STO) functionality and External Device Monitoring output circuit (EDM), suitable for SIL2 as well as Cat3 installations defined by EN-954-1. Flow-chart “Drive Programming” with PLC-like functionality and simple positioning in open loop makes it ideal for simple single axis positioning applications. These reduce hardware and installation costs, and deliver faster performance when sequences are executed internally compared to handling these functions with separate devices. The AC drives are offered with all the globally accepted voltages (230 V, 460 V) and with the required power ratings (1/8 HP to 20 HP).
Other Network Interfaces Available for 3G3MX2 AC Drives:
- EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology): Provides real-time optimum Industrial Ethernet Protocol to control servos, AC drives and I/O; featuring high performance determinism scanning 256 I/O points in 11 microseconds.
- DeviceNet: The most popular network in the Americas based on the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) supported by ODVA.
- CompoNet: This low-cost, high speed device level network captures actuator/sensor input based on the CIP and offering a range of smart built-in functions for I/O. It was recently adopted by ODVA as an international standard.
- Profibus-DP: Europe’s most popular industrial network.
- Mechatrolink-II: High-speed motion and I/O network popular in Asia and the Americas.
About Omron Industrial Automation
Headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, OMRON Corporation is a multi-billion-dollar, diversified company with business units producing industrial automation products, electronic components, healthcare equipment and ticketing systems. Omron Industrial Automation is a global leader providing complete automation solutions for industrial applications. The Pan-American headquarters is located in Schaumburg, Illinois, USA.