Motion Control Resources
Minarik Drives Releases MDBL Series: Versatile New Controls for Brushless DC Motor
American Control Electronics Posted 01/18/2019
SOUTH BELOIT, IL – Minarik Drives has introduced the MDBL Series, a new family of versatile, feature-rich, configurable controls for brushless DC motors. MDBL drives control motors ranging from 90 to 280 VDC, up to 5 amps/1.5 HP, using either 115 VAC or 230 VAC line sources. On-board trim pots allow operators to quickly set minimum/maximum speeds, acceleration/deceleration rates, motoring and regening current limits, as well as the proportional and integral feedback gains.
An onboard microprocessor allows for custom programming the MDBL Series – for tasks as simple as changing the purpose of a jumper or trim pot, or as complex as programming an entire application-specific routine. The MDBL also seamlessly integrates PLC-like functionality into operations, eliminating the need for a separate PLC altogether or enhancing systems without PLCs. These controls are positioning-application capable, with feedback sampling rates of 16Khz. Each drive is designed for feedback from 120° hall effect sensors and can be commanded with a wide range of analog inputs with Minarik Drives’ built-in isolation.
Minarik MDBL Series Highlights:
- UL 61800-5-1 listed (NOTE: this standard will obsolete UL 508C in 2020)
- NEMA 4X packages available in both steel and plastic
- Doubler mode: Able to convert 115 VAC input into 280 VDC output.
- Isolated inputs: Accepts floating or grounded signals 0 ± 5 VDC, 0 ± 10 VDC or 4-20 mA
- Diagnostic LEDs for power and status (e.g. undervoltage, overvoltage, short circuit/current trip, overheating warning/trip)
- Thermally-protected – recognizes when overheated as a result of overload
- Hall effect sensors: 120°, 5 VDC, 75 mA combined
- SEPARATE current limits for operation and regen braking
- 16-bit microcontroller on board, ready for mission-specific configurations
For more detailed information and downloadable content please visit the product pages using the links below:
About Minarik Drives
Minarik Drives is an electronics manufacturer located in South Beloit, designs and produces a wide variety of AC & DC electronic control systems and power products used in industrial, commercial, EV, medical, and home automation markets. Minarik Drives has also developed several “Green” products that control motors from battery and/or photovoltaic power. The Minarik Drives brand has a 60-year reputation and is the standard for products in its class. All products are proudly designed and built in South Beloit Illinois.