Motion Control Resources
Harmonic Drive Releases New HPN-RA Harmonic Planetary Right Angle Value Series Gearhead
Electromate Inc. Posted 08/31/2020
The popular HPN Harmonic Planetary® value series from Harmonic Drive LLC is now available in a right angle configuration. The HPN-RA provides a low cost solution without the need to compromise on quality or performance.
The HPN-RA Series features helical gears for High –Torque, quiet performance and long life. Backlash of <6 arc minutes (for single stage) is maintained for the life of the gear. Large radial ball bearings support the output shaft for high load capacity. HPN-RA Harmonic Planetary® gears are available with a smooth output shaft or a shaft with a key and tapped center hole.
The HPN-RA gearheads are available with short lead times and are designed to couple to any servo or stepper motor with our Quick Connect® mounting system.
- Spiral bevel right angle gear set with planetary output
- Helical Gearing
- Available in 5 Frame Sizes
- Peak torque: 9Nm to 752Nm
- Ratios, 3:1 to 50:1
- High Efficiency
- Backlash <6 arc-min (single stage) ,<9 arc-min (two stage)
- Grease lubricated for life
- Competitive price levels with short lead times
- Shaft output available with key and center tapped hole or with center tapped hole