Motion Control Resources
First Autonomous Mobile Robot Conference Sponsored by A3 and RIA Set for September 17 in Louisville, Kentucky
Motion Control & Motor Association Posted 06/24/2019
Event Focuses Exclusively on AMRs with Feature Presentations from All Key Vendors and End-Users
ANN ARBOR, MI – Key players in the burgeoning autonomous mobile robots (AMR) market will gather in Louisville, Kentucky in September for the inaugural AMR Conference. Sponsored by the Association for Advancing Automation (A3) and the Robotic Industries Association (RIA), the AMR Conference features a full day of sessions highlighting everything companies need to know about using these innovative tools to increase productivity and create lean operations in logistics, manufacturing, retail and other industries. Registration is open now at https://www.robotics.org/amr
AMRs automate monotonous, repetitive and potentially injury-prone manual material transportation, freeing staff for higher-value activities. Unlike traditional, inflexible and expensive means of transporting materials, such as automated guided vehicles (AGVs), conveyor belts or forklifts, AMRs can be implemented without disrupting a building’s permanent infrastructure with wires or magnets added to the floor. Easy programming, flexible deployment and built-in safety features add to the robots’ appeal.
“Whether in manufacturing, logistics or even retail, AMRs are already proving to be a perfect tool for dynamic environments and on-demand automation,” said Jeff Burnstein, president of A3. “Conference attendees will learn how to deploy AMRs across myriad applications, learn first-hand how AMRs are changing businesses for the better, and network with leading players in the industry. We’re excited to hear what’s to come in this quickly growing market.”
The full-day of sessions on September 17 includes:
- “Understanding the Basics of AMR Technology: What You Need to Know,” Melonee Wise, Fetch Robotics
- “5 Things You Aren't Considering (But Should Be) For Your AMR Installation,” Matthew Rendall, Otto Motors
- “Autonomous Mobile Robots in Diverse Work Settings,” Denise Ebenhoech, KUKA
- “How Artificial Intelligence Will Increase the Performance and Capabilities for Autonomous Mobile Robots,” Josh Cloer, Mobile Industrial Robots
- “Panel Discussion: The Business Case for AMRs on the Factory and Warehouse Floors,” Moderator: Doug Wilmot, Humatics
- “A Preview of the Upcoming Mobile Robot Safety Standard,” Michael Gerstenberger, R 15.08 Chair
- “Advancements in Autonomous Mobile Manipulation,” Norm Williams, OMRON
- “Mobile Manipulation for the Real World – A Case Study for Robotic Unloading,” Matt Wicks, Honeywell Intelligrated
- “Understanding the Difference Between AMRs and Mobile Manipulation Systems,” John Cameron, IAM Robotics
- “Know Your Robots – What You Need To Know About Mobile Robots And Your Applications,” Tony Melanson, Aethon
- “Roadmaps and Roadblocks for AMRs in Logistics,” Aaron Prather, FedEx
Register for the conference & exhibition at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville for $595 at:
https://www.robotics.org/amr. Prices increase September 6.
Post Conference Tour
On September 18, attendees can also visit Material Handling Systems’ state-of-the-art R&D facility for emerging technology focused on the logistics industry. Register for this first-come, first-served event when registering for the conference.
Founded in 1974, RIA is a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to improving the regional, national and global competitiveness of the North American manufacturing and service sectors through promotion and enhancement of robotics and related automation. RIA represents over 550 robot manufacturers, system integrators, component suppliers, end users, consulting firms, research groups, and educational institutions. For more details on RIA, visit www.robotics.org or call 734/994-6088.
About Association for Advancing Automation (A3)
The Association for Advancing Automation is the global advocate for the benefits of automating. A3 promotes automation technologies and ideas that transform the way business is done. A3 is the umbrella group for Robotic Industries Association (RIA), AIA - Advancing Vision + Imaging, Motion Control & Motor Association (MCMA) and A3 Mexico. RIA, AIA, MCMA and A3 Mexico combined represent over 1,200 automation manufacturers, component suppliers, system integrators, end users, research groups and consulting firms from throughout the world that drive automation forward. For more information, visit: A3, RIA, AIA, MCMA, A3 Mexico.
Upcoming A3 Events:
- MCMA TechCon– October 7-10, Indianapolis, Indiana
- International Robot Safety Conference– October 15-17, 2019, Indianapolis
- Collaborative Robots, Advanced Vision & AI Conference (CRAV.ai)– November 12-13, 2019, San Jose, California.