Motion Control Resources
Applied Motion Products Expands SV200 Servo Drive Offering into DC-Powered Applications
Applied Motion Products Posted 05/24/2017
Watsonville, CA – Applied Motion Products, Inc. is pleased to announce the expansion of the SV200 Servo Drive offering with the release of new drives designed for use in DC powered applications. Existing SV200 servo drives are designed for 120 or 220 VAC operation, while the new DC powered drives are designed to operate on 24, 48 or higher DC voltages (up to 60 volts DC). This is a welcome addition to the SV200 product line as many machine builders and OEMs prefer DC supply voltages, especially when multiple axes are installed.
With AC powered drives, the AC to DC power conversion components are included in each drive, which allows for easy wiring directly to single or three-phase line voltages. However, these components add cost to the drives and when multiple axes are installed the additional costs can be prohibitive. DC powered drives help alleviate this cost burden by consolidating power conversion components into as few power supplies as possible, allowing multiple servo axes to draw power from a single DC power source.
Removing the power conversion components from the drives also reduces their size, meaning DC powered drives take up less space in a control cabinet. This provides the potential for additional cost savings. Furthermore, their compact size makes these drives desirable for use in space-constrained applications such as automated guided vehicles (AGV) and other small machines.
DC powered SV200 servo drives, beginning with “SV2D” in the part number, provide 10 Amps continuous and 20 Amps peak output current, allowing them to drive servo motors up to 80 mm in frame size and produce 550 Watts of continuous power. As with all SV200 servo drives, new DC powered drives are optimized for use with high torque J Series Servo Motors from Applied Motion Products. J series servo motors come in three frame sizes – 40, 60 and 80 mm – with windings optimized for DC supply voltages.
SV200 Servo Drives and J Series Servo Motors are immediately available from Applied Motion Products’ network of authorized distributors and manufacturer’s reps throughout the US, Canada, and Latin America.
- Fully digital servo drives with auto-tuning, anti-vibration function and programmable notch filter.
- Compact size and DC power are beneficial for multi-axis applications.
- 10 Amps continuous, 20 Amps peak output current.
- Ideal for use with J Series Servo Motors from 60 to 550 Watts continuous output power.
- Supply voltages from 24 to 60 volts DC.
- Available control modes include step (pulse) & direction, analog torque/velocity/positioning, encoder following, streaming commands, stand-alone operation (indexing) with Q Programmer™ software, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP or RTU, and CANopen.
- Safe Torque Off (STO) input.